Thursday, July 9, 2015
Fauna Flora International (FFI) has been excelling in developing and innovating new approaches to conserve the planet, one of its approach is landscape conservation. In landscape conservation, having high-quality remotely-sensed data and precise maps are essential in providing an effective biodiversity assessment and accurate land use changes analyses. Thus, FFI-IP requires a GIS assistant to provide data preparation and analyses in GIS work.
This position will be based in Jakarta.
Position : GIS Assistant
Contract term : 1 year with possibility of extension
Based in : Jakarta
The employee will work to assist GIS & RS Officer FFI-IP for technical GIS data input, manipulation, analysis and presentation of spatially-referenced data to support landscape-level conservation strategies in FFI
project sites across Indonesia.
1. Providing baseline maps for FFI-IP project sites.
2. Inventory of required-datasets for the biodiversity, threats, and forest carbon assessment.
3. Coordinate and conduct field mapping surveys to collect accurate, detailed feature and attribute data.
4. Compile GIS data layers from field maps, GPS waypoints, hardcopy maps, non-spatial databases, and other sources.
5. Prepare, update, reproduce, and distribute digital and hardcopy maps for use in fieldwork, conservation planning and external/internal reviews.
6. Establish, maintain, store, and document GIS data and maps in an orderly, systematic database mapping system.
7. Assist in advancing FFI in SMART patrol system and implementation, including technical support and train relevant local staff and staff of local partners.
8. Participate on relevant external meetings and workshops to develop GIS and Remote Sensing networking that could support FFI-IP's conservation targets as well as increasing self-capacity and skills.
9. As a result of his/her general works, provide regular and other reports as requested by his/her supervisor.
1. Baseline maps for the development of FFI-IP project sites
2. GIS database(s) and resultant maps for all relevant spatial data
1. A minimum of first level degree of relevant discipline.
2. Able to operate GIS application, spatial database, spatial data collection devices and its interfaces.
3. Able to operate MS Office and common statistical packages.
4. Able to deal with tide schedule and unscheduled tasks also target oriented.
5. Having an excellent communication skill both in English and Bahasa Indonesia, and able to work independently and team.
6. Willing to work at any circumstances such as actively involved in GIS assessment in remote areas with very limited facilities.
7. Willing to extensively travel across FFI-IP’s conservation sites in Indonesia.
A qualified candidate shall send a cover letter, a short resume, an example of the latest map, and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com
No correspondence and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Your email should have a subject heading your proposed position (GIS Assistant).
The deadline of application is July 8th 2015.