Tuesday, January 27, 2015
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Indonesia is looking for a GIS Assistant, according to the terms of reference below:
I. POSITION INFORMATION
- Reference No.: SVN/ID10/2015/003
- Position title: GIS Assistant (2 positions)
- Position grade: General Service Staff / G-4
- Base Salary: IDR 9,461,250 per month
- Duty station: Aceh Selatan & Takengon
- Type & duration of Contract: Special Short Term Contract for three months. The tenure of contract of internal candidate holding a Fixed Term/Regular contract will remain unchanged.
- Seniority band: Band IV
- Job family: Operations
- Organizational unit: DRR Project – IOM Banda Aceh
- Reporting directly to DRR Coordinator
- Overall supervision by HoSo / Project Manager
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Under direct supervision of DRR Coordinator, overall supervision of Head of Sub-Office (HoSO)/
Project Manager (PM) and in close relation with relevant units, the GIS Assistant will assists in the implementation and monitoring of GIS as part of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) project in Aceh Province.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Assist the DRR coordinator to develop relevant maps for project planning, implementation and reporting, making use of GIS and other suitable tools;
2. Assist in planning and implementation including facilitation of capacity building activities for targeted government entities and other stakeholders at various level (provincial district and sub-district);
3. In coordination with DRR coordinator, provide technical assistance pertaining GIS to government officials at various level;
4. In coordination with DRR Coordinator, plan and facilitate activities pertaining mapping at community level;
5. Assist DRR Coordinator to provide day-to-day supervision to partners for the implementation of GIS trainings and capacity building for targeted government entities, communities, and other stakeholders; IOM Mission in Indonesia
6. Compile and conduct analysis of primary and secondary data (in house or external research/assessment) necessary for IOM project planning and implementation;
7. In coordination and work with government agencies on specific sector related contingency plans for disasters
8. In close coordination with IOM DRR Aceh staffs, especially with District engagement facilitator related district risk maps, village risk maps and evacuation route maps in Aceh;
9. To support DRR assistant in development of DM Plans Document for district.
10. Adhere to IOM data protection confidentiality policy as well as strict compliance to IOM Code of Conduct at all times;
11. Collection, compilation maps (cartographic data) as required for analysis or reporting needs to support DRR Coordinator.
12. Preparation of offline maps for data review and analysis as well as reporting to support DRR Coordinator.
13. To prepare and managing spatial data base to support project planning and implementation.
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies.
a) Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
b) Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
c) Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
d) Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
e) Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
f) Displays mastery of subject matter;
g) Contributes to a collegial team environment;
i) Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
j) Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
k) Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
a) Diploma Degree preferably in computer science, geodesic, geography, geosciences and a combination of relevant education and professional experience.
b) A minimum of four years of experience in related field.
c) Ability to use MS software, web-based and/or client-server database system implementations a distinctive advantage. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel for data analysis and statistical reporting.
d) Solid understanding of GIS software including open source software (e.g. ArcGIS, Quantum GIS)
e) Demonstrated strong result in area of GIS, information management, data frames, data analysis and spatial data management system
f) Familiarity with Disaster Risk Reduction issues and Indonesian Spatial Data and Disaster Management laws.
g) Willingness to travel to implementation areas in various districts as necessary
h) Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and hardship conditions, excellent teamwork and communication skills, cross cultural and gender sensitivity.
i) Able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate high level of initiative, perseverance and professional commitment to achieve high quality results.
j) Proven ability to handle confidential data in a professional, responsible and mature manner
Language: Thorough knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send the application in ENGLISH, with:
a) Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
b) Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link : www.iom.or.id/sites/default/files/Personal History Form.xls
c) Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application through jobstreet or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2015/002) as subject.
The deadline for applications is 01 February 2015.
Only applicant who meet the above qualification will be considered.
Sampoerna Strategic Square 12A Floor North Tower, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 45-46, Jakarta 12930, Indonesia
Tel: +62 (21) 57951275 • Fax: +62 (21) 57951274 • E-mail: email@example.com
Website : www.iom.or.id
Katingan Timber Group is a multinational company engaged in forestry and industry, export-oriented, have been certified ISO 9001: 2000 and ISO 14001: 2004
GIS Programmer Vacancy (HQ-Jakarta)
- Create and Developing Web GIS Portal using ASP.net / #C and Arcgis Server.
- Create GIS e-report.
- Modify Arcgis Desktop for forestry application.
- SDE administrator.
- Troubleshooting system.
- Maintain GIS.
- GIS database.
- Maximum age 28 Year
- Candidate must be posses at least bachelor degree or diploma in computer science / informatic engineering / system informatics
- at least 3 years working experience in related field is required for this position
- Fresh graduate are welcome to apply
- Programming skill etc : ASP.net /#C/PHP/VB
- Database Software : SQL Server
- Focus on achievement and team player
- Base in Jakarta but if necessary willing travel to Gorontalo, Ambon and Papua
Please send your CV to this email before 31 Januari 2015
email : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com