Tuesday, December 21, 2010
UNDP/ILO Project Creating Jobs: Capacity Building For Local Resource-Based Road
Works In Selected Districts In NAD and NIAS
NATIONAL CONSULTANT FOR GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT (Ref Code: NCGD)
Duty Station : Pidie or Bireuen District (to be decided), Aceh Province
Duration : 3 Months
Expected Starting Date: 17 January 2011
Application Deadline : 30 December 2010
TERMS OF REFERENCE
A. GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION
The UNDP/ILO Project Creating Jobs: Capacity Building for Local Resource-based Road Works in Selected Districts in NAD and Nias has been implemented since March 2006. The Projectâ€™s central aim is to support the Aceh Government in improving the livelihoods of the Acehnese people by enhancing the capacity of local governments to generate maximum employment opportunities through investments in rural infrastructure, particularly the road sector. Five years of post-tsunami reconstruction in Aceh has achieved improvements in rural road networks. But local governments are facing significant difficulties to put in place an effective maintenance system for these roads.
Specifically, they do not have practical tools and systems that will support budget planning to obtain necessary approvals for the resources that are needed. During extensive consultations that have taken place recently with various government project stakeholders, requests have made for further technical assistance from the Project in asset maintenance and mainstreaming the Local Resource Based (LRB) approach to other infrastructure sectors, as a contribution to the implementation of the Aceh Medium-term Development Plan (2007-2012) and the National Medium-term Development Plan (2010-2014).
These requests constitute the basis for the approved time-extension of the project from October 2010 to June 2011 to provide technical assistance (TA) to address the issues of asset maintenance and mainstreaming LRB approaches. The implementation of this proposed exit strategy is limited to the Aceh cluster of the project.
B. OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY AND SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The objective of the consultancy is to assist the Offices of Public Works and Bappeda in Pidie and Bireuen District â€“ and to a lesser extent their Offices at Provincial level in Banda Aceh â€“ in the development and implementation of a Geographic Information System (GIS) as a key supporting tool in decision-making and planning of investments in road infrastructure.
The National GIS Specialist (NGS) will work under the overall supervision of the ILO National Project Coordination (NPC) and the technical guidance of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA). The NGS will work in close collaboration and consultation with the Projectâ€™s stakeholders and the Project staff and consultants at Provincial level and District level (Pidie and Bireuen District).
Specific tasks and responsibilities of the National GIS Specialist include:
1. Make an inventory and carry out an assessment of the currently used GIS, the available GPS data and data-flow processes;
2. Based on the outcome of the assessment, prepare a work plan and budget for the development and implementation of a GIS, including a work plan and budget for data collection;
3. Identify data requirements in close consultation with the stakeholders;
4. Design a basic functional GIS, taking into account the requirements of the stakeholders and relevant (national) standards;
5. Validate procedures to obtain GPS data from PW and other sources and monitor data collection;
6. Test the GIS, including tests to check the effectiveness, integrity, relevance, internal â€“ and external consistency, and validity of the GIS and its data, and ensure compatibility with the MIS/database system that will be developed in parallel;
7. Develop training modules and provide training (classroom and on-the-job) to the staff of Public Works and Bappeda involved in GIS;
8. Document the design and the user guidelines of the developed and tested GIS;
9. Conduct technical and information- sharing meetings with the stakeholders regarding the design and use of the developed GIS;
10. Assist the stakeholdersâ€™ GIS staff as and when required regarding troubleshooting;
11. Prepare budgets and work plans for further development of the GIS and the required human resource capacities beyond June 2011;
12. Follow-up with stakeholders to facilitate data collection and data exchange;
13. Assist in improving data collection procedures and formats and their standardization;
14. Perform any other duties relevant to the assignment, as directed by the NPC and/or the CTA
C. EXPECTED OUTPUTS
Outputs to be produced by the National GIS Specialist include the following:
1. A report with a detailed inventory and assessment of the currently available GIS systems and related data-flows;
2. A basic operational GIS;
3. Basic road maps using the available GPS data;
4. Technical documentation on the design and application of the developed GIS;
5. Technical presentations for workshops, seminars and meetings;
6. Core staff at Public Works and/or Bappeda with basic GIS skills;
7. Report on the outcome of the testing of the GIS systems;
8. Training modules for the training (of trainers) on the design and use of the GIS;
9. A work plan and budget for further developing GIS capacities among the stakeholders, including hardware and software requirements;
10. Documentation on data collection procedures and formats;
11. A final report with practical recommendations for further developing, improving and maintaining the GIS.
12. Any other outputs, as directed by the NPC and/or the CTA that are relevant to the assignment.
D. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
An advanced university (Master) degree with demonstrated expertise in the field of GIS (preferably with a specialisation in GIS) and at least 5 years of working experience relevant to the assignment, of which at least two years in a complex and difficult working environment, and at least 3 years in the field of GIS.
Substantial experience in developing, analyzing, design ing, installing, operating and maintaining a GIS â€“ including the necessary operational systems for efficient and accurate flows of data â€“ is required. Advanced knowledge of ArcGIS/ArcInfo and other software relevant to the development and operation of an GIS, including reating queries to prepare relevant data sets from MS Access-based MIS is needed.
The successful candidate should have a good command of English â€“ both in writing and orally and good communication skills. He/she should have the capacity to perform efficiently and effectively in a highly demanding working environment with tight deadlines. Excellent conceptual, analytical and computer application skills are a pre-requisite for the assignment. Demonstrated good interpersonal skills and raining/facilitati on skills are considered essential as well as demonstrated personal initiative, particularly in technical skill development.
Indicating the reference code above as subject, please send your application letter, latest CV and 3 references to Emil Salim, National Project Coordinator (emil[at]ilo[dot]org), with copy to Bas Athmer, Chief Technical Advisor (athmer[at]ilo[dot]org), not later than 30 December 2010. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a test and an interview.
Perusahaan PMA yang bergerak di bidang pertambangan batu bara, membutuhkan dengan segera:
- Laki-Laki, maksimal 40 tahun
- Pendidikan minimal D1 Geodesi
- Memiliki pengalaman bekerja sebagai Surveyor tambang minimal 5 tahun
- Mampu menggunakan Total Station
- Mampu memproses dan menghitung progress tambang
- Mampu mengaplikasikan Software Surpac, Autocad, dll
- Memiliki jiwa kepemimpinan
- Bersedia bekerja mobile di site / areal manapun
Pelamar yang memenuhi syarat, dipersilahkan mengirimkan lamaran ke : recruitment[at] maxcoal[dot]com
Monday, December 13, 2010
*2. SURVEYOR (SU)*
- Lulusan S1 dibidang Geodesi
- Berpengalaman min 2 tahun dalam pekerjaan survey
- Bersedia ditempatkan di Sumatra, Kalimantan, Papua atau daerah-daerah
lain di Indonesia
- Berpengalaman di bidang pertambangan merupakan nilai plus
Lamaran dan CV dapat dikirim ke email
helly.kameswara[at]gmail[dot]com atau hrd[dot]mubacoal[at]yahoo[dot]com
*cantumkan kode pada subject email*.
PT. PUTRA MUBA COAL
Menara MNC Lantai 10
Jl. Kebon Sirih Kav 17- 19 Jakarta 10340
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Waskita Karya is one of a leading State Owned Enterprises in construction industry with wide range activities: highways, bridges, ports, airports, buildings, sewerage plants, cements plants, factories and other industrial facilities.
We at Waskita strongly believed that our people are our greatest assets. We are equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, develop and retain the best talents to fulfill our growth ambition.
* Male, maximum 30 years old
* STM Bangunan/ SMA-IPA/ Diploma (D3) Degree in Civil Engineering
* Able to use theodolite measurement and water pass (certificates)
* Minimum 3 years experience in same field at high rise building projects
* Fluent in English (minimum passive, active preferably)
* Willing to be placed anywhere
Sent your Application Letter, CV, ID Card, Recent Photograph (4×6), Copy of Certificate and Copy of Academic Transcript to:
PT. Waskita Karya (Persero)
Jl. MT Haryono Kav 10 Cawang Jakarta 13340
Email to :
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
GIS EXPERT - Fauna Flora International (FFI - IP)
Responsible for input and processing of data into GIS database and training
of local partners to increase their GIS skills, in cooperation with spatial
planning expert support local partners to revise district spatial plan
- Compile GIS data layers from field maps, GPS waypoints, hardcopy maps,
non-spatial databases, and other sources
- Prepare, update, reproduce, and distribute digital and hardcopy maps
for use in fieldwork, conservation planning, revision of district spatial
plan and external/internal reviews
- Coordinate and cooperate with district government and local
stakeholders to review district spatial plan and prepare draft revised
- Facilitate production of input to district spatial plan that is
pro-conservation and biodiversity (esp. orang-utan)
- Coordinate and conduct field mapping surveys to collect accurate,
detailed feature and attribute data
- Establish, maintain, store, and document GIS data and maps in an
orderly, systematic database mapping system
- Update data lists and metadata in a spatial data library
- Liaise with government partners and stakeholders at all levels related
to spatial data
- Arrange meetings/workshops/ training related to GIS with project
stakeholders and partners
- GIS database(s) and resultant maps for all relevant spatial data inter
alia: vegetation cover, land-use and HCVs
- Summary reports on collaboration with partners and GIS training
FFI Murung Raya project office, Puruk Cahu, kab. Murung Raya
- Bachelors degree in geography or environmental science
- Practical experience in GIS application to spatial conservation
- Prior experience supporting HCVF assessments
Applications consisting of a covering letter explaining why you feel you
should be considered for this post, a full CV and contact details for two
referees should be emailed to info[at]ffi[dot]or[dot]id
or Rachel.Austin[at]fauna-flora[dot]org, attn : Ibu Lilis
Candidates selected for interview will be invited by email or phone. Please
indicate where you saw this position advertised in your covering letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.